[Dailydrool] Mailmen

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 05:06:59 PDT 2008

I had to chime in on the mailman thread. As I have said, I look at wrecked
cars for the hound supporting job. I end up in tow lots, shops, peoples houses,
 farm lots, one is never sure where I might end up. I have been chased by the
 strangest animals- a turkey, yes his name was Tom, last week a rooster, but
my  most memorable is Max, the bull mastiff. He resides at a tow lot and I
always  ask if Max is in the tow lot. He is massive, and the folks are always
good about  keeping him in his pen when I am there. Most of the time. I arrived
one day,  checked in with the office, was out in the lot, had finally got the
car door  open enough to look inside and all of a sudden there was something
that hit me  in the rear. Max. A wrecker driver let him out, not knowing I was
out there.  Within seconds I scrambled on the roof of the car. And for a old
lady, this was  a feat. I was up there yelling, Max sat down. He had me right
where he wanted  me. Of course they came and got him, but he scared me. I meet
good dogs, bad  dogs, but I am ever mindful and have asked owners to take them
in, something.  You never know how a animal will react, and as a animal lover
sometimes I will  watch before I even get out of the car. I might be the other
side of the coin,  but if I get bit/hurt, I don't work, I have MY hounds to
feed. And we all know  the consequences for the animal that bites. Really they
are the loser. So that  is the other side-or my side--the rooster-annoyed me
so bad I could of put him  in a large pot.
We are sending heavy drool for Earl and Tucker, and all the others that
might need it-as hot as it is, we have plenty.

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, and
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds