[Dailydrool] crates

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 08:09:28 PDT 2008

Never put an untrained, not-used-to-it or never-been-crated dog in a soft
crate. This is the voice of experience. LOL. They are wonderful but they
also are easily deconstructed by a determined dog or an upset dog or, let's
say, a one-yr old Belgian sheepdog in a strange place. While the pieces of
the crate can be replaced, depending on how many of them you have left and
whether the zippers have actually been chewed to little pieces or are in one
long strand still, it is cheaper and safer to start with a wire crate. My
vote is with Sylvie on this for all the reasons she stated plus the fact
that the ventilation is better than the plastic crates which I think get too
hot inside, and also the good wire crates break down into a "suitcase" which
is really storable
IF
you ever reach a point in your dog's life (not to mention your own) when a
crate is not a necessary piece of household equipment.
I cannot remember the last time we had no crates up.
There are days when I am sorely tempted to crawl in one, myself.

MomPerson to Nigel (I-Cant-Believe-it's-Not-Butter 0: Nigel :3) Llewis,
Zelda, Mitchell and Cooper(The I-hate-soft-crates Boy)