[Dailydrool] Life with sweet TicTac Part II

Lainee Francis lainee09 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 15:01:14 PDT 2008

                         LIFE WITH SWEET TICTAC PART II

TicTac absolutely hated riding in the car even though I took her for a ride every day for months when she was a buppy, to get her use to it.  On a trip I would have to give her something to calm her or the ride would be "hell" for all of us.  She liked playing with her toys and rough housing with her 2 legged brothers.  But, her all time favorite game that she played with me was “Potty Ball”.   When she saw me in the bathroom, she would run and get her ball and drop it at my feet–I would throw it and she would fetch it only to bring it back and start the game over again.  She gave new meaning to the phrase “Drop & Roll”. She would drop on her back and roll around with her head going in one direction and her butt in the other direction.  Oh, how she loved to do this on the grass.  The Francis family fondly named this action the “Basset Piffel”.  :o)

TicTac’s favorite foods: chicken fried rice, popcorn chickey balls, ground beef, pizza crust, steak, popcorn, & cheese along with assorted doggie treats.   Every night she had to have her cheese.  She would get a slice of American Fat Free cheese when we settled down for the evening to watch TV.  After eating the cheese she would snuggle by my side her head on my arm and sleep peacefully.  Oh God, how I miss her!!

I miss her smooshie little face giving me “the look”–I miss her laying on my lap–I miss her getting as close as she could & eventually moving me right out of my spot–I miss her coming over and laying next to me as close as she could possibly get laying her head on my shoulder–I miss seeing her little black snout pushing through the small opening in the bathroom door to let me know she was waiting for me–I miss seeing her laying in front of the door waiting for me to come out after my shower–I miss her by my side in the computer room–I miss our Sunday popcorn night making popcorn in my 5 ft. tall popcorn cart on wheels  & sharing it with my TT- one for me, two for TicTac–I miss her beloved cheese time every night–I miss her fluffing her beds, the rug, my bed, the folding mattress, her blankies––I MISS LIFE AS I KNEW IT WITH MY SWEET TICTAC–and I know my life will NEVER be the same!!  I could go on and on about my TT, as every
 drooler on the list could about their babies that have left them.

TicTac was my heart dog, my soul mate, my best friend, my Velcro girl.
There is a new Angel that received her wings on Friday, May 23, 2008.  On that day, I remember my son, Scott, the Vet Tech, Dr. Lisa, & I crying because my sweet TicTac was going on her final journey without me, taking my heart with her.  I remember watching my sweet little Velcro girl take her last breath and Dr. Lisa saying “She’s gone!” which continues to resonate in my mind to this day!

God speed my sweet baby–be pain free and happy until we are together  never to be separated again!!

I love you and miss you so much,
Mommy

Lainee & TicTac--(A new angel ATB), the Queen "B"
"B" for Basset, of course!
And "Patches" & "Pockets" ATB