[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - LIfe is UNFAIR!

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Jun 1 18:46:08 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

I have been thinkin' and I have decided that life is so unfair.  I was
suppose to go to the dog show yesterday and today but I am still in jail.
Johnny got to go to the dog show instead.  He got a blue ribbon yesterday
and a red ribbon today.  AND I smelled liver on his breath!  What did I get
- NOTHING!  I didn't get to go bye-bye in the van, I didn't get any cheese,
I didn't get any liver and I didn't get any ribbons!

To add insult to injury (yeah, I am still limping a little bit), when Johnny
went to the dog show yesterday, he invited everybody to come here for lunch
today.  I knew something was up last night.  Mom was in the kitchen cookin'
up a storm!  I smelled fajitas - yummy - I think they were cooking in some
beer stuff called Corona.  Then I smelled tacos cookin'.  Then this morning,
there was the unmistakable smell of chicken.  Yep, it was Mom's secret
recipe for chicken enchiladas!  So here I was all morning, smelling all
these good smells and sitting in my jail cell.

Then, I heard 3453 nickzillion vans pulling into my driveway.  I heard
voices of people I didn't know.  I sniffed the air and I smelled bassets I
didn't know.  And all of these people and bassets were in MY backyard.  Do
you think I got to go out and visit with them?  NO!  Do you think I got to
go out and try to snatch some food?  NO!  Did I get to go out and play with
the other bassets?  NO!    OPIE got to go out and play with his sister,
Ouija.  I could hear them playing!  I was NOT happy!  Finally, Dad came and
let Grady and me go out and visit with the people - but I still couldn't
play!    And, you know what the worst part was???  Aunt Melissa, Gramma Jo
and Aunt Bonnie from Michigan Basset Rescue were all here and they didn't
RESCUE ME!

Life is definitely UNFAIR!

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny and Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys