[Dailydrool] Pet insurance question

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 21:47:47 PDT 2008

> Well, I just went online and discovered that VPI will not cover a dog that
is ten years old or older. Jane's about to turn eleven. Does anyone know of
a vet insurance that will cover older dogs?

Hi, Pam

I have my kids covered by Pet Care Insurance, at: www.petcareinsurance.com.
They do offer a Senior coverage program, but it's a bit spendier than I can
tolerate with the number of dogs that I have.

But special for Jane and other hounds like her who like to eat things they
should not, Pet Care Insurance offers the Quick Care Accident only policy,
which will cover an unlimited number of "foreign body ingestion" treatments.
They have paid for two of Surprise's rock eating surgeries to date.

Monthly premium? Under $11. Deductible - $50 flat per incident. Service?
Great!

Do check them out, they are really great, and for those of us whose hounds
cannot discern the difference between dinner and, er, "other things" (rocks,
socks, pantyhose, remotes, etc...), they are a real bank-account-balance
saver...

And as far as I can tell, they do not have age exclusions.

Hope this is helpful.

Sylvie McGee
HeavenScent Bassets
Olympia, WA

This message is copyright, and may not be forwarded or cross-posted without
my explicit permission.