[Dailydrool] Copper is 10 today!

Barbara Sorensen b.a.sorensen at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 2 14:05:55 PDT 2008

Copper, our little lemon and white guy, turns ten today.   Copper came to us
from Pet Haven, a local all-breed rescue when he was 2 1/2.  He had been
through a lot of upheaval about then.  His people had premature twins and
couldn't cope with the long hours at the hospital and care for Copper and
his basset sister.  The two were adopted to different homes and then Copper
was returned after only three weeks when the new people decided to divorce.
When we got him he was very insecure and had absolutely NO bassetude.

Now he has tons of bassetude.  He may not be an official 'Pwince', but he
acts like one and in our house, he is.  His favorite thing is to go to the
dog park and get petted by all the people.   He has 'the look' down pat and
is very skilled at applying the paw to those who aren't right there with the
scratch.  He is definitely daddy's basset.

Happy Birthday Copper!

Barb and Neal, mom and dad to Copper, Wilbur, Duncan and Buddy the
not-a-basset with Max and Gretta (ATB)