[Dailydrool] Drool for Charlie, please

Chris Dowd cdowd_postalpros at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 17:25:40 PDT 2008

I lurk more than I post, but I'm hoping there might be some spare drool out there for my new foster, Charlie, who is a beuatiful 7 month old tri.  I rescued him last week from a "minister" who is breeding bassets to support his "church".  He allowed me to take Charlie because Charlie started having problems with his rear leg.

Still no definitive answers on Charlie.  The lab work came back showing no infection.  That would've been the easiest answer.

I just got back from the vetman's and his original thought was a ruptured cruciate, but when we started talking about everything he feels this is less likely than he orginially thought.  We hope that is the worse case scenario and won't prove true.

So, tomorrow he is going to neuter Charlie and go into the knee.  It could be something that won't require surgey and we'll just be looking at anti-inflamatories and a lot of rest.  Or, it would be knee surgery.  He'll call if he has to do anything major to the knee - but we want to do it while he's under.

I'll spend tomorrow praying that the phone doesn't ring!

Please send some drool for Charlie - a 7 month old should be romping, not recuperating.

Thanks
Chris