[Dailydrool] Strawberry thief

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Jun 4 03:46:11 PDT 2008

Earlier this year I bought some strawberry plants. I have been raising them organically, feeding them, weeding them, seeing off the slugs. And this week I have been admiring the clutches of berries hanging down, pinking up, almost ready to eat. I had been imagining serving up the freshly-picked fruit for a dinner treat.
Last night I went into the garden and found evey single last strawberry had gone. I checked the plants for signs of slugs, but there was no trace, just a complete lack of fruit.
My two-legger came out with her camera and showed me the evidence Clara, with her head in the bush, followed by Clara looking vaugely guilty - or maybe suffering indigestion.
 <<long sigh>>

Sally, slave to Rolph and the strawberry thief, step slave to Tessie and Henry

This email has been scanned for viruses and other threats
using Newsquest's Ironport email filters

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and
confidential.
It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by
any person other than the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately.
Newsquest reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business
Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Newsquest Media Group Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111 .  Registered office:
58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP