[Dailydrool] Drool request for a rescue

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:31:35 PDT 2008

Okay, first of all, the hounds here are drooling for all those that need it!
(Okay, now it's basset related.)

We're asking for drool for a Lhasa Apso mix named Fritz. Fritz was my first
attempt at getting a dog into rescue, last week my parents went to visit
some of our extended family, and found out that one of my relatives had a
dog, a Shih Tzu mix, that his friend had to give up. The long & short of it
was a forced move, and he'd be "too many dogs." So, uncle offered to take
him in, and asked for help finding him a place to stay. After a few phone
calls & some internet searching, we found a rescue that would take him (he's
8 yrs. old & mostly blind,) and to make things better, he went straight into
foster care!! His foster mom e-mailed me today saying that he wasn't eating,
and hadn't eaten since she got him on friday. It's so bad, he's starting to
through up bile! She said she tried to seringe in water softened food today,
and he fought her tooth & nail! Plus, he's been vetted, and had to have 9
teeth removed. We're asking for folks to send a bit of "get better & start
eating again!" drool to Fritz. He's small, so just a little will go a long
way!! His foster mom say's he's got a great temperment, and she calls him
"the sweetest thing on 4 feet." I know he's being treated well, and he would
probably appreciate some drool and prayers that could be spared.
-Karrie, momma to Joey the blue, aunty to Checkers, and Crispin (wb)