[Dailydrool] Stomach Tacking

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Tue Jun 3 15:48:45 PDT 2008

Our vet recommended tacking Lilie's tum when she was spayed.  Jill had been
an emergency vet for a long time and saw too many dogs bloat and stomachs
turn.  No ill effects at all.

When I got Daffodil (4 months), I took her to a different vet simply because
they are closer and well known in the area.  I asked them to tack her
stomach and they were surprised but did it.  With them, it probably cost me
an extra 100 bucks or so - but I wasn't a long term client of theirs,
either.

For the peace of mind, I would recommend it.  They are in there anyway...and
although the girls can still bloat, they have a better chance of living
through it with this precaution.

Katie, Mom to Lilie, Daffodil and Daisy the Yorkie