[Dailydrool] stomach tacking

anniebh at gobrainstorm.net anniebh at gobrainstorm.net
Thu Jun 5 08:36:21 PDT 2008

I had a female that bloated and after they turned her stomach back
they tacked it to prevent from turning again.  The only problem I had
was that this girl also liked to eat socks, underwear and t-shirts.
When the stomach was tacked, it was unable to move around to process
the clothing through her system and we had to open her up several
times to remove items of clothing.  They once pulled out an entire
t-shirt.  Now, Droolers, don't think we were negligent. We learned to
be very careful about leaving cloths in her reach but Dad slave never
thought she'd eat a whole shirt!  She was an abused hound that we got
from the pound and she had terrible separation anxiety.  I strongly
believe eating habits and personality are strong factors to consider
if a hound is susceptible to bloat.  Ann