[Dailydrool] letter carrier story - repeat. Sorry to those who have heard this

Reed & Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Wed Jun 4 20:34:53 PDT 2008

Many many years ago when we lived in town, our Samantha, our very first
basset, loved to snooze on the porch in a chair in the sun.  The porch was
an enclosed screened porch.  The mailbox was on the OUTSIDE of the
porch,next to the door.  the door was always kept latched to prevent any
escapes.  When Samantha was 10 years old and very very grey, we got a new
letter-carrier.  She was so terrified of dogs, that if our very friendly,
grey, 10 year old basset hound was sound asleep in her chair in the sun on
the enclosed porch with the door latched, the letter-carrier would not only
refuse to deliver our mail.......she would go across the street to go past
our house.  We got nastygrams in our mail that if we continued to allow our
dog on our porch (the enclosed screened porch with the latched door) we
would need to get our mail at the post office.  So we had to deny our
Samantha the joy of snoozing in the sun.  In her chair.  On the enclosed
porch.  With the latched door.

It seems to me that someone that afraid of dogs should not seek employment
as a letter carrier.  Seems to me that would be like someone with a fear of
water getting a job as a lifeguard, and then posting a notice that no one
could go in the water because they might need saving.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR!

Please visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at www.rebecbassets.com