[Dailydrool] question about spaying and stomach tacking

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 21:02:17 PDT 2008

Yes, I have this done routinely when I have my bitches spayed. I've never
had a problem with it, and I think the preventive value is worth it.

Do be aware that they can still *bloat* (ie have stomach fill with gas) but
with the tacked stomach, should not torsion, which is where the stomach
twists on its axis and the dog goes into shock and is life-threatening. You
should still keep gas-x on hand in the event of the stomach filling with
gas, in order to restore the stomach to its proper size.

Hope this is helpful.

Sylvie McGee
HeavenScent Bassets
Olympia, WA

This message is copyright, and may not be forwarded or cross-posted without
my explicit permission.