[Dailydrool] Potty Breaks

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 03:29:41 PDT 2008

Ok here's my latest question for you long time basset owners:

Our Rosie used to have to go out right before bedtime and then 9.5 times out of ten she'd be at my bedside at 6:00 am whinning to go out again.

She is 4.5 years old now and quess what?  Lately she is letting me sleep and I'm the one getting up to see why she isn't wanting to go out.  When I do get up, she won't leave her bed to go out and she doesn't agree to do so until after she eats breakfast.  I am finding this odd especially since last nite.  I wasn't feeling well and went to bed at 7:00 pm and Rosie came up with me to go to bed also.  Well, I figured she'd be waking me up extra early cause our usual bed time is around midnight.

She slept right thru and I had to trick her out into the yard and once there she did pee but she seemed content to just stay in bed.

Is this "normal behavior" for a basset/dog as they age?

Carol & Rosie in Florida