[Dailydrool] another glorious day with ANNIE

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 06:04:09 PDT 2008

Another overly , glorious day with Annie,  my son came over last  night to
visit, he knew I was feeling depressed with my back and he came over to  CHEER
me up,  he insisted we go for a ride to get my mind off my  pain,  well,  I
thought that i remembered that GOD had given me a  brain once ,   but I must have
lost it or misplaced it, because it  sure wasn't in my head last night, upon
much insisting on my sons part, I  relented and  agreed to go for a ride,  (
in his pickup truck )   now this just isn't  any pickup that  anyone would want
to ride it, it  is a man's truck, the kind you see in the back hills of
Kentucky, I believe we  call them beater trucks. no air conditioning, ( the
temperature was 86 here and  humid) no carpeting on the floor, no extend cab, and
plastic seat covers.   ( get the picture ? ) he wants to take both Bassets !  my
heart is in my  throat ,  but how bad can it be ?????  so the girls love the
truck and all the windows are down and the back sliding window is open and
everyone is happy, happy, happy !!!!!!!  we decide to drive through the  park
and then all  H%$#& breaks loose.  Annie spots the 8 pairs of  mommy and daddy
geese and 36 baby geese !  she goes crazy and starts  barking and she tries to
jump out the back sliding window, all the time Maggie  is just taking in the
sites. the rest of the park is in a up roar , I grabbed  Annie by the back leg
as she is making her exit out the rear sliding  window  for the Basset 500 and
the goose relay race. Joel hits the brakes,  Maggie lands on the floor under
the dash board like  what just happened  ?  I am yelling for Joel to get
Annie, Geese are running every where and  Annie is just going crazy with barking
and trying to get to the geese.  I'm  not sure if I was crying because of the
pain or because of the situation . Joel  finally got Annie back in the truck and
she is panting and drooling  like   YEA  !!!!  that's is so much fun, let's
do it again  mom, ok , huh  huh can we please, please, please  ?    She reminds
me of that stupid dog in the Disney movie Homeward Bound !  the dumb big
white Goober,
Well, We all survived that ordeal  ( barely ) and Joel  said  we will to do
it again soon  !   NOT me !!!!!!! I am going to  stay home and look for my
Brains !

Time to go to the therapy pool

Marlene

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.