[Dailydrool] Peticure or dremel

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Thu Jun 5 12:52:25 PDT 2008

Hi Kim,
I use a regular workshop dremel with variable speeds and the drum sander attachment.  With Sadie  (the baby) I can decrease the power but with the big kidz I set it at 3-4 and dremel away.  It took them some getting use to, but they tolerate it better than clipping, which I detest and fear doing, especially on black nails.  Abby had long quicks but  they are receding since I started this.  I also like that the nail is a lot smoother so when they paw me I don't get the scratches from sharp nails and the nail doesn't crack.  It takes a bit longer to do, but I have less stressful pedicures and they get lots of loving through out the task.  Tucker is so good that he will actually hand me his front paws, he never did that with the nail clippers.
I gave up on curtains too....they loved pulling on them...Now I have 2" blinds and window scarves. LOL
Droolz to all.
Karen (still waiting for the x-ray results) and the Dog House Gang (Ruby Doo, Tucker, Abby, Sadie and Cuddles)