[Dailydrool] Mail Delivery Persons and Animal Bites

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Thu Jun 5 22:14:10 PDT 2008

I have to admit I am disappointed at some of the comments I have seen
regarding Mail personnel being bitten--in fact some of the comments
horrified me with their flippancy.  In my humbled opinion (which I
know you have not asked for but I'm giving it anyway), no one should
be bitten by any animal.  I have three friends who all work as
delivery drivers for the US Postal System.  Each of them has been
viciously bitten in totally unprovoked attacks. Each of them are
animal lovers.  Each of them are responsible owners.   Each of them
required more than one dozen stitches; one was hospitalized for two
days and will have life long damage to muscle and nerves.  This is no
laughing matter.  Animal bites should carry consequences and the
owners should accept full responsibility. Don't just control the pet
population with spaying and nuetering; control your pets. Period.

Nadine Mysker