[Dailydrool] Peticure vs Dremmel

Dan Hickey dhickey at m-audio.com
Fri Jun 6 07:53:36 PDT 2008

I have been using the dremmel for some time and it works well and the
hounds tolerate it well. Diamond & I have a little game of keep-away
before each session. He enjoys the game and is calm for the filing, so
calm in fact that he may lay there even after I get up and put the
dremmel away. Ruby is very calm when I do her. Mutya doesn't like her
nails done but tolerates the dremmel better than the clippers.  I use
the lithium cordless model and am very happy with it. It is also useful
for other handyman type things around the house.

Three negatives, nail dust in the face, taking care not to snag hair or
nick the skin with the rotating sanding drum and cleaning up the nail
dust afterwards. Peticure's guard solves these issues so is intriguing.
They also make a guard for the dremmel tool and I'm extremely tempted to
buy it but it is pricy at $19.95 plus $8 shipping. I'm also wondering if
the largest hole in the guard is large enough for Basset nails.

I'm not sure their standalone $29.95 model is powerful enough for Basset
nails. You might have to get the $59.95 (plus shipping?) model. I'd be
interested in any experiences.

Dan Hickey