[Dailydrool] Drake and his tummy

Bambi McLeskey balange at olemiss.edu
Sat Jun 7 12:04:59 PDT 2008

I was wondering if anyone had some advice. Drake is almost two years old,
and on the whole, has been a very healthy little boy. We had to go out of
town last weekend so he stayed at the vets office for a few days. We brought
him home Monday afternoon. That night he threw up twice. My husband gave him
some water and he threw it back up. I had to go to work, so I called the vet
and made an appointment in case it was something he had picked up while he
was there and my husband was going to take him. Long story short, he didn't.
Says there is nothing wrong with the dog. Gave him small bits of food and
Gatorade and he was feeling better by Thursday. Up until then, he just
wasn't acting like himself. Then yesterday evening, Drake threw up again. HE
would wait until the vet was closed to get sick the second time, but once
again, husband says there is nothing wrong with the dog. I'm worried because
he has never done this before, and I found more vomit this morning when I
got up for work. Right now with my husbands orders being messed up, we don't
have the money to take him to the vet, and I don't know what is wrong with
him. Any suggestions on what to do? I don't want to sound like a bad mom,
but I'm out of ideas, and I wanted to talk to the vet about a payment plan,
but the Husband refuses, says he has had dogs his whole life and there is no
reason to take him to the vet for vomiting. I'm angry and confused, and need
to hear from someone who has pet experience that im not married to :-) Drake
is my first dog.

Bambi

Drake ( I don't feel gud mommy)

Bo and Stryker ( since Drake isn't eating, do we get his food)