[Dailydrool] leather funiture

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 12:04:57 PDT 2008

My experienceiwht leather furniture has been nothing but positive.  we
bought our chairs about 10 years ago, and our couch about 8 years ago.  The
dogs have never managed to harm it.  Even when they get upthere and "dig"
int he couch, simply wiping it down with leather cleaner or orange oil
cloths takes the little scratch marks right out.  I've had many many fosters
through here, including litters of buppies and a few born OEBE's, and none
of them have chewed on the leather furniture (the vintage maple coffee
table, though, is an entirely different story!!!).  On very cold days,
leather CAn be cold for about the first second you sit on it, but then it
warms to the heat of your body.

I would not suggest getting those "contemporary" style couches with the very
smooth leather.  Those might show scratches.  We got a brown leather couch
in a transitional/traditional style, with a sort of "distressed" look to the
leather.  It looks great and has been totally durable.

As far as food, there's a ton of opinions on that. My personal advice: In
short, read the ingredients bag.  Your food should have NO no mention of any
corn of any type, or of wheat.  No food colorings, no artifical flavors.
The first ingredient should be meat of some sort, NOT a grain.  Here are
some really good brands:  California Natural, Nature's Variety, Dick Van
Patten, Nutro "Natural Choice" (not Nutro Max), Flint River Ranch, Neura
Wellness, Solid Gold, and Canidae.  Some of these are available at
Petsmart/Petco; for others, try your local specialty pet store.

"Subject: [Dailydrool] question for Menzy

Hi, I read your post on leather furniture an wood floors and I want to do
that whenever I remodel. My husband says leather will tear and is cold. is
that true? I've never had anything leather. I wanted to ask you also what
food would you recommend changing Zoee Belle to? She is on Iams and has
started throwing up and acting like she doesn't feel well and this has been
happening on and off for about a month. I'm changing ASAP but need direction
on what is good. Any suggestions will be appreciated greatly.

Sook, Mum to Zoee Belle ub da Souf"

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!