[Dailydrool] Basset Buddies Rescue of Texas Needs Help...

shastajet at aol.com shastajet at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 09:54:57 PDT 2008

I'm not sure if this is happening all over the U.S. but we are inundated with hounds.? We stay full most of the time just?because of the area we're in and there are so many animals.? And the housing crisis is really hurting us as people are leaving their dogs behind because they cannot afford the deposits that apartments want.? They are encouraging spay and neuter and there are some clinics that have opened up all over town to try and control the pet population but we're far behind our?friends to the north of us in getting this under control.? I had heard that there were some?dogs down here being shipped up north because there is a shortage in some areas.? If anyone?knows of another rescue that?can take?in?some?homeless basset hounds please contact me?offline.? We're trying to save them all but it's becoming impossible.? Thanks so much for any help you can give!
Cindy Doyle
Foster Coordinator
www.basset-buddies-rescue.org
?????