[Dailydrool] (no subject)

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Mon Jun 9 06:34:51 PDT 2008

<<All the while Annie is giving him snooter kisses and he grumbled all the way home calling her a monster and a brat, he told her
that  he doesn't like bad children, and that he loved Maggie more.  Maggie is such and Angel .  Annie made my day !!!!!>>

Our "Annie" is Jane, who gets into terrible trouble, even at the age of ten (almost eleven). She frequently makes me crazy with all her antics, including stealing socks and food, outthinking me, and general impishness.

But last week, when we weren't sure if the vets would be successful in removing the foreign object from her stomach, it clearly came to me that she is also the excitement in our home. I'd miss her terribly, if we did not have her. For a day, we just had the boys, and it was so quiet.

Even the hounds realized it was too quiet, so Bel had to snarf up a whole loaf of bread, when it fell from the top of the refrigerator(manna from heaven!).

Annie may keep things lively, but I'm sure your husband would miss her dreadfully if she were not there to cuddle up to him after she'd been bad. I know just how much I'd be missing our imp.

Even the "bad" bassets are good. Jane's a great pack leader. When she's making your husband crazy, maybe he needs to remember all the good things Annie does. More than once that's kept me from wanting to murder Jane.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, including the Designated Wild Child, Lady Jane