[Dailydrool] my benny boy

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 08:28:44 PDT 2008

Yes, bassets do get arthritis. Waldo has it really bad - of course, he's 14, but younger hounds can get it too. From what I've heard, the most common treatments are Deramaxx and Rimadyl. Waldo's on Deramaxx, and has never had any problems. I do know that Rimadyl can have side effects with long-term use (most common and dangerous is kidney failure, I think.)

Esther Strom
Visit my Etsy shop: http://HookedByEsther.etsy.com