[Dailydrool] Nails - Alternative to Sandpaper

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 9 20:17:01 PDT 2008

There has been a recent discussion about the new (as seen on TV) Peticure
and the good ol' dremel.  All I will add to that part of the discussion is
that I have been using a cordless dremel on my bassets - and wouldn't change
for anything!  But what I would like to pass along some info on something
that makes the entire process so much better and easier...

About 10 years ago, when I first decided to use a dremel on Samantha Sue's
nails, I was less than pleased about the prospect of using those sandpaper
barrels.  After some research, I found a postively wonderful barrel-shaped
diamond bit that fits perfectly in the dremel.  The barrel comes in several
sizes and grits - and literally lasts for years!  Being a diamond bit - it
also helps dissipate the heat build up in the barrel - making it less likely
to give your baby a "hot foot".   I personally prefer the large barrel in a
coarse git.

I can assure you I have NO connection whatsoever with the company - I found
it by trying to find an alternative to the sandpaper.   The name of the
company is Lasco Diamond Products - located in California.  They sell
primarily to nail salons and manicurists.

I have purchased from them over the internet many times now -- without so
much as a hiccup!  Their prices are extremely good - the quality is
excellent  - you do not have to buy quantity - and their shipping and
handling costs are nominal.  I would highly recommend them to any of you who
are presently or contemplating using a dremel.

Marilyn - loving Mom to Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns