[Dailydrool] Dogs not eating

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 9 23:14:55 PDT 2008

Maggie the island dog is also having  eating issues. It started a week ago.
She will still eat treats and steal food. The vet gave me some powder called
FortiFlora that makes food more appealing . It worked for a few days and
then she turned her nose up at the food and would eat but a small portion of
it. I bought a different food and she would eat it but not with the powder
on it. She is a bit fluffy so I'm not worried about her becoming skin and
bones. Our weather here in Northwestern Washington goes from sunny and a bit
hot to cool and muggy to downright rainy and windy. She is also stinking up
the apartment with gas - it is worst than the duck farts. This started about
the same time. She is acting more like her old self now. When she first
stopped eating she acted like she didn't feel well and I thought that it was
a cold or allergies (mine sure have been acting up). Today is the first day
she ate both breakfast and dinner. She also stole a brownie with chocolate
chips in it and make a big mess when I made her purge it. At this point she
is driving me to distracting with the not eating and some of her other
antics. Does anyone have a good way to get hydrogen peroxide down your
hound's throat when there is no one around to help. It was a big struggle
but I got enough down her to be effective.

Leah, momslave and peeved parent of Maggie the island dog and Rusty ATB