[Dailydrool] Maggie Wags to the vets

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 15:16:49 PDT 2008

This will probably be long so  I hope I don't bore anyone,   I am going to
call my Maggie ,  ( Maggie Wags )on the droll as there is  already a Maggie  on
the drool. Actually that is her registered name . I  took my Maggie wags to
the vets today for her allergy shot and also blood work,  checking her thyroid,
any ways she has been limping on and off for over a year  now and the vet just
thought she had growing pains, but I noticed that she  favors her right leg
all the time and comes up the stairs one foot at a time,  she never uses her
left leg, which is bowed out pretty bad, the vet  pushed  and pulled on her leg
and said he felt a clicking  in the shoulder, to make  a long story shorter
she has a defect in the shoulder joint , there is a hooked  boney piece that is
suppose to be attached to the bone in her leg, her's is free  floating, he
said there is a surgical procedure  to correct it but he  honestly thinks because
her leg is so deformed ( birth defect )  that it  would only make the
arthritis accelerate.  he told me to give her two baby  aspirin twice a day and try
to keep her weight down, he said short walks a  couple times a day to keep the
muscles strong .  my poor Maggie, she is  only 20 months old and every thing
is wrong with her, she is the one who gets  Colitis, she has problems with her
anal sacks, severe allergies and now this . I  feel so sorry for her. and she
is the best natured Basset I have ever had, just  a sweetheart !  now on to
chapter two !
when I was at the vets today there was a man and his daughter who were  there
with eight Newfounland puppies, absolutely beautiful. they had all eight
puppies in a large crate, here is where I have a problem, the man and daughter
came in a pickup truck  , no cap on the back but a hard lid, well, when I  took
Maggie and Annie out to the car so i could go back in and pay my bill,  I saw
this black grated  carrier one like you would use to carry  a wheel chair or
I suppose maybe bikes, It was a metal grated   platform  hooked to his  rear
bumper, I have seen  these many times and some people will carry coolers  or
stuff  like that on the grated  platform . ( YOU ALL KNOW WHERE I AM GOING WITH
 THIS )   yep<  they loaded the crate of 8 newfies  on the  back of the
truck, set it on the grated platform  , put  bungy cords on the crate and drove
away .  am I crazy  ????   I couldn't believe what I was seeing , do any of you
think this is NORMAL  to transport your puppies in a crate on the back of a
pick up truck,  what  about them being poisoned from the fumes  ( carbon monoxide
)  coming  out of the tail pipe ? and when I said something to the vet about
it, he  said  " oh they just live down the road a mile or two "  excuse me,
but around the corner isn't close enough for me,

Marlene