[Dailydrool] Ester-c for Arthur Itis

Ellie Foth slave2thepaw at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 18:24:42 PDT 2008

Hi all,

  When my Minnie lost the use of her back legs I took her to the Univ of Pen Vet Hospital in Philly.  It was there that she was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease and very bad arthritis in her front shoulders.  The ortho Vet at Univ of Penn suggested I put Minnie on 500mg ester-c twice daily with food.   After 8 weeks of strict crate rest Minnie did walk again and I kept her on the ester-c for the rest of her life for her arthritis.  Minnie never had to go on Rimadyl or any other pain meds.

  Do a goodsearch for ester-c and canine arthritis.  You can get ester-c at any Walmart in the vitamin section.  I swear by the stuff.

  Ellie and Her Hounds