[Dailydrool] Dispensing Peroxide and Joint Issues

Mary Lee Trnka mltrnka at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:13:32 PDT 2008

I had to give one of my bassets peroxide after a chocolate feast.  I used a turkey baster - worked great!  (You can get a lot of peroxide in a turkey baster!)

Also, about joint issues/arthritis - I think I mentioned before that we used a product called Prozyme for years on a shepherd mix with some hip dysplasia.  As long as he was on it, he could get around just fine.  Once we took him off it for a while and he got stiff in the back again.  We used the stuff for about 8 years.   It's a powder you put on the food - I've recently seen it available online at either Petco or Petsmart.

One last thing - and this is just a vent.  Last weekend we were in Branson, MO at Silver Dollar City.  This family got on the tram to go into the park with a little fussy dog in a front-pack carrier.  The park official let them know that they could not take the dog into the park.  The dad took the dog from the little boy who was carrying the pack and said, "Well, I'll just take him back to the car.  He'll be OK."  I guess the wife protested a little, and the guy said, "Well, we don't have any other choice."  Now it wasn't as hot as it had been, but we're in southern Missouri in June.  It was about 11 am.  The only think I could think was, I hope that little boy doesn't go back to the car to find a dead dog.  Will they ever learn?

Mary Lee