[Dailydrool] A REALLY old Basset left for The Bridge

decadog at comcast.net decadog at comcast.net
Wed Jun 11 17:02:49 PDT 2008

One of the oldest rescue hounds that LVBR ever took in passed away about 2 weeks ago. His name was Beau and we believe he was at least 18-19 years old when he died. Beau had been so medically neglected that we worried he may not make it. But after major medical updating and continued care, he squeezed in 4 more-wonderful!-years of life. He must have had great genes to last as long as he did. He was classic Basset--the saggiest, baggiest boy ever. What a face he had! A tribute, with pictures, is on our website. My favorite is the one of him soaking in his kiddie pool last summer (as his special shampoo worked it's magic on his allergy prone skin). His adoptive mom (another Darlene in our group of volunteers, not me) tended to his every need. Beau thoroughly enjoyed life. When he lay on his back for a belly rub his skin pooled out around him--it looked like he was melting! True to his motto of never making a fuss, Beau passed away quietly in his sleep with Darlene sleeping beside him
. Take a look at his little photo album. www.lasvegasbassetrescue.com   If only all of our beloved bassets could live this long.
Bassetly yours,
Darlene Carr