[Dailydrool] Wyatt

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:58:39 PDT 2008

Steve,  They are right, somehow you do know when it's time.  I haven't had to put a dog down, but I had to make that decision for my cat Onyx 3 years ago.  He was my baby, he followed me everywhere just like a dog and he would have loved the basset boys.  He had kidney disease, and we were able to keep him with us for about a year after he was diagnosed with it by giving him fluids, special diet and meds.  He stopped eating on a Friday.  I was able to coax him into eating canned food that Saturday and Sunday, but then on Monday morning he just walked up to me sat down and stared at me.  I knew that he was miserable and that it was time to let him go.  We stayed in the room with him while it happened and as hard as that was, imagining him going by himself was much worse.  It did help to be able to say good bye to him.
The boys are slinging drool your way in hopes that you have a lot of good time together before you have to make that decision.  Kim with Gunter and Wulfie sending lots of drool to Wyatt and Steve (and everyone else in need)