[Dailydrool] Ice cubes

Dan Hickey dhickey at m-audio.com
Sat Jun 14 19:33:33 PDT 2008

While there is at least one story of a Boxer at a dog show bloating
after drinking a large quantity of ice water and having severe stomach
contractions there is little real evidence that ice can harm a healthy
dog. My Bassets for the last 20 years have loved eating ice and as you
most likely know the Basset's body cooling system is not very efficient.
I am MUCH more concerned about health problems due to overheating than
the remote possibility of bloat. For my part I'll give them ice (but not
large quantities when severely overheated).

Dan Hickey