[Dailydrool] this 'n that

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 08:43:54 PDT 2008

I've been looking on the internet for x pens- my question is- when they list the size (ex. 24x 30) this is the measurement of just one panel right? Would seem that way to me because looking at the pics the pens are bigger than that all together, and it usually says this pen comes with x number of panels.
On another topic- Ms.Brandy takes a whole slew of supplements and pills now. I use cream cheese, the real stuff- the low fat kind is just not creamy enough to 'hold' the pills. Two decent sized spoonfuls hold her pills in the am and then again in the afternoon. She knows the pills are there- but loves the cream cheese too much to turn it down. Though she has to have a low fat diet I feel that the benefit of the pills outweigh the fat content of the cheese. I can cram them down her throat if I have to- but at a dozen pills a day that would just be too much stress for her.
She now also takes the Hearty Heart supplement ( thanks for posting that link a few weeks ago!) and she HATES it! So I take a piece of human cookie and put the drops on there. The cookie absorbs it and she eats it. As she will no longer eat most dawg cookies this works well for us & is again less stressful than forcing it into her.
She has recently started peeing in the house. Not a urinary infection or anything- I think just old age. Ms.Brandy is not a piddler- she PUDDLES! It takes up to two bath towels to mop up a puddle! As I was mopping the floor yesterday I said to my son it's like having a puppy all over again- to which he replied " sort of- but her puddles are the size of two puppies"...all part of the aging process and I will gladly clean up after her as long as I can.
Steve- my heart goes out to you. Take a look at www.K9medicinals.com maybe there is something there you might want to try with Wyatt. I too believe you will "know" when the time comes. Please know that there are many of us with you in spirit, and let the fact that you are able to choose his time and be there with him when it comes bring you some measure of peace. I have been there- but so far not with my "best friend"...
One more thing. Ms.Brandy has a big ( like the first section of a finger) sized soft wart on her front elbow. It has grown a lot over the last few months. A few nights ago it started to bleed- a lot! After trying to wrap it in gauze ( impossible- too close to the armpit to get it to stay) and it was oozing through the gauze anyway. A friend suggested super glue- this is what I use on nails that get clipped too short- I did put a couple of drops on there and it stopped it right away. The glue is still there and I hope when it wears off the wart will have closed up again. Surgery is not an option for her.
droolies and a Happy Father's day to all the daddy's, Angelika