[Dailydrool] Trout Parade- Livingston Manor, NY

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Sun Jun 15 15:30:24 PDT 2008

Well we just got home from a wonderful weekend in the Catskill Mountains in
New York...Abraham was an absolute delight  to take ...a perfect  traveler.
The Parade was a hoot  and we were in front of this great  kooky band .All of
the bassets were received with open arms and when we  approached the first
crowd of people they were applauded the dogs and all along  the way.  The float
was terrific and the Rushworths did a wonderful  job..   Very creative . It was
very hot and Abraham did not want to  stay with the rest of the parade so we
walked along side on the sidewalk...he is  very smart as the asphalt was very
hot with the sidewalk being cooler,,,,and  besides he got a ton of pets and he
gave out lots of kisses.  At the end of  the parade he found some shade and
just laid there till his dad slave came to  pick us up.   A kind man sat with
Abe just scratching his back and  calming him down as he was really hot .
Meanwhile I was wetting him down  and giving him water.  As our coach arrived I
thanked the kind stranger for  attending to Abe and he said no that he had to
thank us as he enjoyed the  moments of serenity and the touch.

We went off to the picnic and had a lovely  time there .  There  was great
food and tons of basset crap to buy.  I want to know who made the  Carrot cake
and want that recipe...WOW. Steven and Abraham went for a walk  in the
creek...Abraham loves the water and certainly enjoyed the cedar water  running that
day...nice and cool on his belly.  It was a great event and  Steven and I are
already talking about attending next year.  Steven was the  official
photographer and he told me that he was going to bring a  ladder to get a better
perspective and advantage point to take pictures of  next years parade.

 Abraham got to meet so many nice bassets and got to see some friends  he had
made previously .  We had fun at the motel meeting in the dog  walking area
which is all fenced in.    What was nice about that was  we all had sliding
doors to the outside which was very convenient .    I have a habit of not closing
doors  so Columbo and Hershey Larsen strolled  into my room to check Steven
out.  Very cute.  I guess you can tell we  had a great time and look forward to
next year ...Hopefully they liked us and  will ask us back  .

One more thing....my sleeping is terrible...I wake up every two hours and
this weekend for the first time in a few years I was able to sleep straight
through putting together 7 hours the first night and about 8 hours last
night.... must be that mountain air!!!

Shelley , etc.