[Dailydrool] To Steve re: 3 legged bassets

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 16 07:01:00 PDT 2008

I regret I cannot recall how old Wyatt is, but our Jeremiah is just now about  2 1/2 and he hasn't has 4 legs for a year now.  He has no idea he doesn't have that left rear leg--case in point: if he gets an itch on the left ear, he will sit, his stump will go back and forth as if his leg is scratching his ear, and then he gets up and walks/hops away--as if the ghost limb really DID scratch his ear.  It's funny to watch!  He is the fastest dog we have here (he turns corners like a motorcyclist) and if the kitchen chairs are even a few inches pulled out from the table, it takes him but a mere second to jump up and sit ON the table.

Granted, Jeremiah's leg had to be amputated due to being hit by a car before he was rescued and not cancer, but an amputation is not the end of the world.

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 1 + 7
Nellie, Murphy, Jeremiah, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper + Liam, Twinkie, Justice, Poppi, Roscoe, Beau Baloney and Danica
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!