[Dailydrool] HV HELP NEEDED IN OR NEAR NORTHVILLE, MI

Melissa and Jo mibassetrescue at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 17:10:51 PDT 2008

I've got some questions pertaining to the following Drool post:

Hounds Haven Basset Rescue located in Vail, IA has a wonderful application
location in Northville, MI.
Our policy is to have a Home Visit done by a local rescue volunteer in the
applicant's area.
If anyone knows anyone in or around Northville, MI to help with this HV
please contact me directly off list at jessie.potts at mchsi.com   (mchsi
com)!!

Thank you and drools~

Jess'e Potts
Adoption & Transport Coordinator for Hounds Haven Basset Rescue

O.K. Point #1: When we at MBR get an application from out of state and that
state has an active rescue, we refer the applicant to their local rescue. We
don't believe in sending bassets all over the country when there are bassets
needing homes where the applicant lives.

Point #2: If you check the DailyDrool.com web page, there's a list of all
the rescue groups around the country and their contact information. If you
want a basset rescue in Michigan to help with a home visit in Michigan, then
contact us!

Point #3: At least you are asking for help with a home visit. That's a good
thing. A lot of groups send bassets here without doing that. Nor do they
check with us to see if... just maybe... this applicant is someone we turned
down.

Point #4: If the adoption doesn't work out, how do you plan to get the
basset back to Iowa? We've gotten bassets sent here from out of state into
our rescue and re- placed them here after the original group wouldn't/couldn
t take them back.
Melissa
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets