[Dailydrool] Color of Drool (or other possible causes)

Monique Tecson moenizzle at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 14:07:08 PDT 2008

We have the same color of stains on everything (the couch.. the bed.. the dog bed..etc)

For our household, it could be any of these 3 things:

EYE BOOGERS. They turn brown if it's been exposed to air long enough. I notice the color when I wipe her face. Mona has this habit of rubbing her face on everything, I dunno exactly what's bothering her, but she leaves smears of eyeboogers everywhere.

ANAL SECRETION (or "butt juice" as his daddy fondly calls it. Sunds really gross but it's possible!) We've noticed brown spots where Mona lays so we had her anals done when she went in for deworming. Anyway, I should have taken a picture of the vet tech when she was done with her anals. LOL! To put it lightly she says that there was (eyes almost popping out of socket) "A LOT"

BLOOD from GUMS. A few weeks back, I noticed that Mona's gums were slightly bleeding. She must have chewed on something really hard (couldn't remember what exactly) but it hasn't happened since. I would check your houndie's gums just in case!

Thus explains the weekly cleaning spree. LOL!

Monique, momslave to Mona (mom, I'm incredibly embarrassed!)
and Potato the tater tot (teehee... sister be gross!)