[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - Back on the Grid

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Jun 16 16:19:06 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

Well, Mom finally got home from TAXES and I am back on the grid.  Mom said
the trip to TAXES was really "ugly" and my Grampa person has a bad case of
rabies. Things were okay here at home with Dad in charge, but it sure wasn't
the same without Mom.  You see, Dad is a terrier and Mom is a basset.  Dad
keeps a "schedule" - and boy do I mean a SCHEDULE!  We eat breakfast at 8:00
AM sharp, we go outside at 8:30 AM, we take a nap at 1:00 PM, we eat dinner
at 5:00 PM . we even have times to p . - well, you get the idea.  With Mom,
it is MUCH more relaxed and basset-like!  Besides, Dad is kind of bony and
not fluffy and Mom is fluffy, so her lap is a lot more snuggly and soft.

When Mom got home, we all ganged up on her and almost knocked her down.  She
hugged and kissed us all and then we did the "rotating lap" thing.  One of
us would get in her lap for lovin' for a few minutes, then someone else
would get a turn.  This went on for  2542387054 nickzillion hours.
Everybody took turns nicely - except Grady.  He kept cutting in line and
getting "doubles".  When he didn't get doubles, he got grumpy and yelled at
me.  Then - Mom made him go to "time-out" - heheheh - then I got doubles!
You know, Grady is a real PITA sometimes - that is what Mom calls him.  I
think that means he is some kind of bread - I don't understand it but since
Mom says he is a PITA, he must be.

The next day, Mom and Granny Pat loaded up the house on wheels and we went
on a road trip.  We were suppose to leave in the morning, but we had to wait
until the afternoon 'coz there were bad storms.  Since Granny Pat had the
famous Sponge Bob Square Pants trailer roll-over accident, she isn't too
excited about driving in windy and stormy weather.  She says one roll-over
accident in a lifetime is MORE than enough!  So, after the storm passed, we
hit the road.  And we drove - and drove - and drove - 423409 nickzillion
miles.  Then Mom set up our travelling yards and Granny Pat got our house on
wheels ready for habitation.  And, you aren't going to believe this - Mom
entered a wet T-shirt contest.  When she was setting up our yards, it
started raining.  Granny Pat said it was raining cats and dogs - but I
didn't see any cats - just lots of water!  So, picture this - fluffy Mom
running around in the rain, setting up our travelling yards, dripping wet!
YHEW - not pretty!

On Saturday and Sunday I was in the dog show.  Mom wasn't happy 'coz on
Saturday, my "flag" was at half-mast.  On Sunday, it was so hot that I
didn't want to do anything but go lay under the shade tree in the ring.
Mom and Granny Pat didn't get to drink any Margrets 'coz I didn't win.  Then
on the way home, the other guys were mad at me 'coz we didn't get to go to
DQ either!  Oh well, I had fun and got lots of pets!

I am still doing the happy dance 'coz Mom is home and there is no place like
home!

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny and Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys