[Dailydrool] Clovis Basset

SSMAC69 at cs.com SSMAC69 at cs.com
Mon Jun 16 17:26:41 PDT 2008

Ok I'll try the short version of this - my cousin called me from Clovis, New
Mexico today (I'm in Westchester County, NY)  He said his neighbors went away
and left thier basset chained in the high heat/sun to a fence in the backyard.
2 ft chain, didnt see any water or food in sight, the poor thing was crying
all night. He called the animal control and they came and they did nothing but
leave a ticket in thier door. The basset was still chained (on about a 2 ft
chain BTW) crying in the wicked heat. He went in ther yard which was fenced in
and let the dog at least off the chain, and she was going crazy happy someone
was even paying attention to her (oh yeah, even when thier home the dog is out
there like a trash can and doesn't get any affection). Now the problem is he
went to the store and saw the basset up the street and he couldn't catch it. I
guess it found a hole to get out. So why am I writing? I'm not sure...well one
thing if you see a tri-color female basset near Clovis, NM keep the poor
thing or get it to a rescue but the other thing is maybe if the basset comes back
I can coordinate something with a rescue group and the owners? Maybe someone
can contact me personally? Or maybe someone has a better idea?
Thanks
Steve   </HTML>