[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood and the Pitbull

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 17:35:42 PDT 2008

Momma here, and perhaps just to vent,ask advice--I am so upset.I have been
taking Elwood out for a walk at night and tonight I actually sneak him out of
the house without too much fuss. I always have him on a harness, take the poop
 bag and my dog dazer--drool recommended a year or so back. I had heard tell
there was a family with a new pitbull and have kept a watchful eye. Off we
went  and sure enough I see it, and get Elwood on by, but there is no other way
but to  go back by again to get home. We were across the street, a man and a
very small  boy on a bike also there at the same time. The dog charged the
small boy first,  the Dad got him away, but too late the dog seen Elwood and came
charging. Now  mind you there are 4 teens-all at the house the dog came
from--that froze. I was  yelling at the top of my lungs for them to get that
dog-they never made a  attempt. I hit the Dazer and the dog fell to the ground-got
back up and ran  home. No one grabbed him, no one did a thing. He came at Elwood
for round two.By  this time my legs are about to give out, I was so darn
scared, he went after  Elwood and I was screaming so loud a man a half block away
heard me. The idiots  are still glued, just watching-so I hit the Dazer again,
the dog dropped over,  then ran home, and fell over in the yard. Idiots are
now searching to make sure  I didn't hurt the dog. I could barely wobble home.
My main concern was Elwood-I  know he can hear the Dazer also and has been
whinning ever since we hit the  door---and then Elder Clara decided to take a
shot at the brudder also----oh  boy---what a night--
I plan on going and talking to the homeowner -----tomorrow---tonight might
turn into a slugfest--
Am I taking the best course of action-or just let animal control step  in??
I need the droolers trusty advice--
and once again thanks to the droolers that suggested the Dazer--things  would
of been ugly without it--

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, and
Brudder Elwood OEBE