[Dailydrool] Elsa ATB

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 17 05:00:12 PDT 2008

Elsa was our 5th hound to come into Senior Houndsabound, back in Oct of 07.
With much sorrow and love, I helped her to the bridge yesterday evening.
She had been dealing with lymph node issues that were not cancerous, but
caused her glands to swell up, specifically around her neck.  The only way
they could treat her was to do surgery every 5-6 weeks to open them up and
drain them.  We did this 2x and due to her age, decided, no more.
Yesterday, when I came home,  I was spooning with her and was hearing just
how hard it was for her to breathe.....she had also, except for a very small
amount, stopped eating for the last three days.  I knew it was time.  She
went peacefully as I held her in my arms.  Elsa was also blind from
glaucoma, and became my special one.  The love that developed between us has
felt so different from our other hounds.....I guess because of her
blindness/need of me.  I am heartbroken and miss her deeply, but I know she
is free now and it was the right thing to do.  Please keep her in your
prayers today.

arooos,
wen
www.seniorhoundsabound.org