[Dailydrool] Charging Pitbull

Cathy A. Wendling c-wendling at execpc.com
Tue Jun 17 04:00:38 PDT 2008

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had this happen to me when I
have been out walking the kids.  It got to the point for a while where I was
carrying a golf club with me, and that seemed to get the point across to the
offending dogs' owners.  There was one German Shepard that really tried to
rip us apart, but, fortunately, he's no longer around (sigh of relief).
Anyways, the best thing to do in a situation like this is to call the
police.  I'm sure that there are leash laws in your community.  Around here,
dogs must be either on a leash or controlled by the owners, that is,
provided the owners give a hoot.  Carry a cell phone with you if possible,
and have the police's phone number programmed.  I finally got one, and I
carry it with me whenever I'm out walking the dogs.

It's the irresponsible owners who make it harder for the responsible ones,
and I'm tired of it.

Cathy Wendling
owned by DJ, Daisy Mae, Lucy the Westie, and Sophie ATB