[Dailydrool] Happy Big 13 Gotcha Day to Bubbles

Jeff & Judy Faust faustjj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 17 09:15:29 PDT 2008

Just wanted to announce Bubbles' Big 13 Gotcha Day which is today, June 17.  Eleven years ago I fell in love with Bubbles at the Ohio Waddle.  She already had been adopted but luckily for me that didn't work out and she came to our house and has been there ever since.
She's pushy, opinionated, stubborn as a mule, snarky with our other basset, Fred, and we LOVE her to death!  She wouldn't be Bubs if she didn't have all these infuriating traits.  I can't tell you how many times I've said that my next dog was going to be a Golden Retriever, or at least something that listens to me!  LOL!
She doesn't see very well anymore and she doesn't hear so well, but I believe her sense of smell is making up for her diminished senses.  It seems to have doubled in its ability to sniff out things and it's virtually impossible to get her to go more than 10 steps without her nose finding something.  I always tell her she's just a giant nose that happens to have a dog attached!
Happy Birthday to our Special Girl.  And a big thanks to Eva at OBR and all the wonderful people who helped get Bubbles to our house safe and sound all those years ago.  Our life has been forever changed because of the wonderful work you do.
Judy & Jeff, Maxwell ATB, Bubbles, and Fred (our redheaded stepchild-or so he thinks!)
Brownsburg, IN