[Dailydrool] Flash the new kid

barbara johns bjohnsamdex at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 09:16:51 PDT 2008

My foster turned adoptee Flash and I learn new things every day.  He is 6+ and maybe as much as 8.

He is so gentle and just adorable.  I am learning his tricks that he must have done in his former home.  I have started to call him Flash dance because he does a dance when he wants something.

He came up the other night and sat in front of me and started to bounce up and down and do a little dance with his feet.  I said whats up flash and I got a little quiet Woof.  I said do you want something?  he looked at the snack table and pointed his nose toward my water bottle.  OH, I said, is the water bowl empty?  He bounced faster and woofed a little loader and sure enough when I went to the kitchen the water was empty.  After I filled it, before he even took a drink, he came over and  jumped up to put his paws and me so he could give me a kiss.

Last night, he did his gentle jump up with paws on me and I scracthed his neck, which he loves and I said "want to dance?"  he gave his gentle woof and we circled the floor.  Apparently he loves to dance.

For a dog I was not supposed to keep, he sure knows how to make a good impression.

He loves to play with Barney and Mo my orignal houndies.  Flash and Mo will play tug a toy for ever.  They will pull each other all over the place under someone finally gives up.  You would think they had been together forever. All three run the basset 500 together through the house and I have learned to step aside quickly.

Auntie Ilene and Auntie Shirley said they new the first day I said I had him, he would be staying with me.  Once they met him they saw how attached he was to me already after only a few days.  They just laughed when I said he is a foster and said, yeah sure.  They were right.

Wonder what we will learn about each other next.  He is certainly a smart little guy.

This weekend for anyone in the Lakewood area, Champion pet photo will be at Pet smart.  He is the best pet photo guy and has a trailor he brings to the parking lot, all set up to a photo studio.  I am taking the "my three sons" for  new portraits.  Mo is now two years old and needs his big boy picture and I have to have a picture of Flash dance and will have a group shot.  He is very reasonable so if you are in the area, see if you can get in.  You will love the photos, he just has a way of getting great shots.

Only problem I had is our off leash park would not let me in.  I bought a pass for Flash and packed up the boys and they would not let me in.  No one told me that I can only take two into the park.  They sure took the money for three, but I had to go home and I felt like a louse the rest of the day to get them excited about going and then not be able to let them in to play.  I think Ocean County park has one to many rules.  We will have to find a new place for our adventures. Oh the girl at the gate did suggest I could have left one in the car.  Shows what she thinks of dogs, it was 85 degress out how could I leave one in the car and which one would I leave?  That is like taking your human children to Great adventure amuzement park and telling one they had to stay in the car in the parking lot.

Barbara, Barney Mo and Flash dance