[Dailydrool] Flooding and animal rescue

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Wed Jun 18 13:12:31 PDT 2008

I have tears in my eyes reading your post about all the people helping
out with the animal rescue in the flooded areas.  One of the hardest
things for me to think about is all the animals left behind in New
Orleans when Katrina hit and watching the videos of the people who
risked their own lives to save just one cat, just one dog.  I lived
there when Katrina hit, and as devastating and tragic as it was, I think
that the severity of what happened in New Orleans to an extent is one
that is unlikely to happen elsewhere in the country.  For one reason:
The Levees.  The water came in, and the levees held it there.  Other
parts of the country, the flooding may be severe, but the water will
drain out on its own.  What happened there was horrific, but if there
was a lesson learned in the process and lives are saved because of it,
at least there's a silver lining.

To all of you who are there helping to save humans and animals alike,
God bless you.  Your work does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.  To
those whose lives are upside down right now, you are an angel.  Thank
you.

Jessica L. Sutton

Financial Management Professionals

6034 W. Courtyard Drive, Suite 380  -  Austin, TX 78730

(512) 329-5174  -office             (512) 329-5176   -fax

Jessica at FMProfessionals.com <mailto:Jessica at FMProfessionals.com>