[Dailydrool] funny story

Sue Stevens suestevens at woh.rr.com
Wed Jun 18 18:18:38 PDT 2008

Have to share this one... we were at my mother in law's this weekend
and she collects 'basset crap'. Actually she has an extensive
collection of mostly figurines. But she found this nearly life size
stuffed basset hound that she just had to buy - for us. Now we have a
live basset hound - a flesh and blood, smooshy sweet houndie. Yep
that's our Onslow. But Sally bought it for us.

Onslow didn't know what to think. It looked like a dog, but it sure
didn't smell like one... and he checked it out thoroughly in typical
dog manner. He would've mouthed it more so we picked it back up and
put it away in the box to be taken home to Ohio.

When we got home the next evening and brought the box in, Onslow
thought nothing of it. I thought - where am I going to put this
fella? If I put him on the ground, Onslow will chew him up. So I put
him on top of the china hutch/cabinet that sits sort of in between
the living room and the kitchen. Onslow did not see me put him up
there.

Then a little while later we hear a startled woof from our hound. He
had been casually waddling in from the living room and saw the life
like (sort of) houndie sitting - where? up on top of a tall piece of
furniture! He then looked a little sheepish -- and a little
uncertain. Tail down. What is that thing? So we took pity on him and
moved the stuffed houndie upstairs.

It was hilarious - Brian and I just laughed and laughed about it. But
the stinger was this... I put it in the middle of our bed and left
the light off in the bedroom. When Brian entered the room, he about
jumped out of his skin. And I laughed and laughed!!

What fun...

Sue & Brian Stevens
and Onslow... "whatever happened to that dog? I thought he was going
to be a playmate for me!"