[Dailydrool] Peticure vs. Dremmel revisited

Dan Hickey dhickey at m-audio.com
Thu Jun 19 13:08:13 PDT 2008

I have used a Dremmel 800 Lion cordless for years to do nails. I noticed
Peticure sold an attachment for the Dremmel that provided all of the
stand alone functionality of their grinder.

I tried the cheaper pill bottle approach but that did not work with my
Dremmel model. So I coughed up the bucks and bought the attachment. Last
night was my first use.

It is very safe for the dog.
It is clean (nail dust is captured).
It is much faster.
It allows me to keep the nails shorter than I would otherwise

It does not sculpt the nail very well. I thought the shape was ugly.
It does not round the edges of the cut very well.

So until I perfect my technique I will use the Peticure to get the nails
short and then remove the device and use the bare Dremmel to get the
shape that I want.

Dan Hickey