[Dailydrool] Petco distribution center issues

janet dean jdean813 at tx.rr.com
Fri Jun 20 06:51:04 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I don't know if I'll be able to accomplish anything, but today I'm going to
the Petco distribution center here in Garland, TX, to see if I can get
someone in management to talk with me about these concerns.  I go on an
(almost) weekly basis to this distribution center to pick up dog food
donations for NTBHR, and I store the bags (and the very rare donation of
cans) in my own garage.  I have never seen bags or cans covered in any kind
of dust, nor do the bags that are torn look like they've been chewed on by
rodents, etc.  Also, the warehouse always looks as clean and sanitary as a
warehouse can be.

I will say this...we aren't getting as much in the way of donated food from
this distribution center, and this may very well be part of the reason since
this has really just happened since the first of April.  I was told by the
warehouse contact that the distribution centers would no longer be receiving
torn bags back from the stores is why the donations wouldn't be as
'plentiful' as they had been.  Which does make sense, and I'm sure that's
what our warehouse contact was told, too.

Wish me luck - I don't know that anyone in management at this particular
Petco distribution center will even discuss this matter with me, but I'm
going to at least make an effort to get their spin on this issue since our
precious rescued Basset Hounds are the recipients of these food donations.
Stay tuned!

Janet Dean

Mesquite, TX

Mom Slave to Jackie, Kim Kelly and OMBR foster, Opie

And Lincoln - the cat!