[Dailydrool] Drool for Buford

Elizabeth Kielley ekielley at messiah.edu
Fri Jun 20 10:08:00 PDT 2008

On Friday the 13th, Buford had a diabetic seizure. The vet put him on
antibiotics, did a full blood panel and x-rays to see what might have caused
his extremely low blood sugar.  During this week, I felt a lump in Buford's
throat.  The vet checked it out and it was his lymph nodes and they were
really big as were all his lymph nodes, including the ones in his legs (I
didn't know they were there).  It could be an infection but it's quite
possibly lymphoma.  The results may be in Sat. or Mon.  At his age (14 1/2)
plus with his diabetes, if it is lymphoma, the treatment with chemo and
steroids isn't a realistic option.  If you could send some spare drool
Buford's way, that would be greatly appreciated.  I know he can't live
forever but he's been my heart dog since he was 8 weeks old and of course I
don't want him to suffer.
Liz Kielley
mom to Buford, Ma Barker, Dulcie, and Maggie