[Dailydrool] Storybook Bassets News

Lenore Dickinson storybookbassets at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 06:54:47 PDT 2008

Introducing Storybook's Promises to Keep ... call name Olivia.  Pictures to anyone who'd like to see her.  Olivia is named for my beloved Oliver who passed away unexpectedly back in March.  She is proving to be the perfect namesake.  She has figured out that she's staying and the rest of the puppies will be going.  Thus she feels she no longer belongs in the whelping box, but belong out with the "big girls" loose in the house ... I think not.

Some of you may remember that Oliver was the "national spokesdog" for Castor & Pollux's Ultramix (he was on the weight managmeent formula bag ... although he was never overweight!) and did numerous appearances for them on morning shows as well as store openings, etc.  It was a great deal of fun and Oliver always had a blast.  Hey what basset wouldn't want that gig -- lots of belly rubs and treats -- and all you have to do is show up!  In any event, the "top dog" at C&P saw pictures of Olivia and asked if I'd be interested in a new advertising plan they had which was to follow a puppy from puppyhood and follow it throughout its life.  I immediately said yes.  She also asked if I thought that Olivia might be "up for taking on spokesdog responsibilities."  Again I agreed.  Olivia is a ham and I had such fun with Oliver doing it -- there's no money involved, but I usually come home with lots of dog food, treats and other stuff and they pay all the expenses.

And we're moving back from Longview to Vancouver next weekend ... so I'd best get back to packing!

Lenore
Storybook Bassets