[Dailydrool] the power of food

rebecca stanton rebecca.stanton at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 14:15:35 PDT 2008

We are having really lovely weather over here in England at the moment, not too hot, just right.  Perfect picnic weather really.  Which, of course, is a nightmare if you own a basset hound, as they presume that a picnic - whoever is belongs to - really, by rights, should belong to them.  So we get to the green near to where we live, and I spy a couple with a cute cross-breed dog, all sharing a picnic - well, fish and chips, to be precise - bought from the fish and chip shop down the road.  Morse is immediately keen to acquaint himself with them, so I put him back on the lead and veer him up the green.  We walk for some time, probably about 20 mins, and we're really enjoying the walk.  He meets a few others dogs and then he decides to cut down the middle of the green - almost opposite the vets.  That's fine, as he likes the vets, and likes to call in to say hello.  So we wander along. He's picking up a little in pace, but that's OK. But hang on, we're not
 heading towards the vets. I'm frowning now.  What? Where are we headed?  Oh no.  Oh no, please tell me we're not - too late.  He's in full pelt now, charging towards the unsuspecting couple who have their back to us.  I start shouting after Morse and they turn around, just before he launches himself into their laps.  The fish and chips had gone, but he had a good inspection first. Thank Dog they were amused.  *BIG sigh*

Becky, Morse & Pumbaa ATB x